Last updated on May 23, 2018.
Types of Personal Information
Slideworx collects personal information to support its mission to help the Marketing Research and CMO office unleash the full power of its critical intelligence data (e.g. market, customer etc.).
This personal information is collected in different ways:
- we collect personal information to create user / login accounts for the use of our software at the request of our users / customers;
- we collect personal information when you use or visit Slideworx websites, attend a Slideworx event, or participate in a Slideworx community;
- we may receive your personal information if you are a Slideworx customer, supplier or partner;
- we may also receive your information from third party partners;
- you may share your personal information with us when you apply for a job to Slideworx or one of its subsidiaries (e.g. our Development and Delivery Center Slideworx Sp. z o.o. based in Poznan, Poland). Please see our detailed policy and consent structure in this area at the end of this page.
The type of information we collect will depend on your interactions with Slideworx. It may include:
- Contact and log-in Information. Name, employer, title, email address, physical address, department or division, phone number, and similar contact info, user names and passwords.
- Demographic Information. Employment status, occupation, region.
- Third Party Data. We may receive your personal information from third party suppliers or partners. Certain third parties, including analytics companies, advertisers and ad networks, may automatically collect information about you through our websites using cookies, Web beacons, and device identifiers, including personal information about your online activities over time and across different websites, devices, online channels and applications.
- Images, Video and Recordings. Pictures, videos or audio recordings may be collected by Slideworx. For example, if you attend a Slideworx event, your image may be captured in a photo or video. If you call Slideworx customer support, your call may be recorded.
If you decline to provide your personal information or ask us to delete it, we may be unable to continue to provide or support our products or services.
Ways we Use Personal Information
- provide and deliver products or services, including software updates;
- operate and improve our operations, systems, products, and services;
- understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience;
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- send you service-related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- communicate with you and your referrals about promotions, upcoming events, and news about products and services offered by Slideworx and our selected partners;
- link or combine information about you with other personal information we get from third parties, to help understand your needs and provide you with better and more personalized service;
- enforce our terms and conditions or protect our business, partners, or users;
- protect against, investigate, and deter fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
Reasons for Using Your Information
- When we process your personal information, we will only do so where at least one of the following applies:
- We need to use your personal information to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you and to provide you with tools and services;
- You have given consent to use your personal information. You may withdraw consent by “opting out” where we give you the opportunity to do so, or by contacting us using the contact details below.
- If it is necessary for us to use your personal information in order to comply with a legal obligation; or
- You have chosen to make the information public. You should not share any personal information which you wish to keep confidential or private.
Sharing of Personal Information
Slideworx works to keep your personal information confidential and secure. and does not sell your personal data. In some circumstances Slideworx may share your information with third parties, for example:
- We may share your personal information when we have your permission, including when you choose to share information or post to our community websites.
- We will disclose your personal information to comply with legal requirements, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena. We also may disclose your personal information in response to a law enforcement agency’s request, or where we believe it is necessary to investigate, verify, prevent, enforce compliance with, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; suspected fraud; situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person; protection of the rights and property of Slideworx, our agents, customers, or others; violations or suspected violations of our agreements and policies; or as otherwise required or permitted by law or consistent with legal requirements.
- We transfer or disclose your personal information for corporate reasons. For example, to third parties in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, bankruptcy or similar transaction. We may also share personal information with our auditors, attorneys or other advisors in the connection with corporate functions; and
- Finally, we also share aggregated, anonymized or statistical information about you, including demographics data, with others for a variety of purposes, for example, for improving products and services for Slideworx and others.
We may facilitate third party services or ways to share data through third parties, including social media platforms, websites, applications, and services through “plug-ins,” widgets, buttons, and other third-party features on and connected with our websites, communications or products.
Storage and Security of Your Personal Information
We have reasonable and appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures in place to help safeguard your personal information. However, you should know that no company, including Slideworx, can fully eliminate security risks associated with personal information. To help protect yourself, use a strong password, do not use the same passwords to access your Slideworx accounts that you use with other accounts or services, and protect your user names and passwords to help prevent others from accessing your accounts and services.
We may offer you the ability to post information and exchange ideas through our websites and other services. Because your posts and information shared in this way are public and can be seen by others, we caution all users to consider what they post and not to disclose any personal information. Slideworx will not be responsible in the event that you disclose personal information in your posts, through our public services or during any other communication with other website users.
In certain circumstances we may retain your personal information after you have closed your account or are no longer actively engaged with Slideworx. For example:
- We may retain your personal information after you have closed your account so that we can send you information about products, services and publications we think you may be interested in. You can “unsubscribe” to receiving such messages or tell us you are no longer interested;
- We may retain your personal information in order to protect our legal rights, or those of third parties, or to comply with the law; and
- We may retain personal information about how you have used our products and services in order to improve and develop our business.
- If you purchase products or services from us, we may retain your personal information for as long as we need to in order to provide you with customer service, or for compliance purposes, for example, in order to comply with our record keeping requirements.
Controlling your Personal Information
Our marketing emails permit you to “opt-out” of receiving further marketing emails. You may contact us at info@Slideworx.com at any time to let us know that you no longer wish to receive further marketing emails. If you opt-out, we may still send you transactional emails. Transactional emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you, such as renewals and updates, and, as allowed by applicable law, requests for your participation in surveys.
You may have the right, depending on which country you reside in, to ask us to provide a copy of the personal information we hold about you (provided that we may ask you for proof of your identity). You may also have the right to ask us to correct any inaccuracies in your personal information or to ask us to delete it. We will consider these requests regardless of where you live.
In addition, if you are based in the EU and accessing our Sites, then you also have the right to ask us to:
- Confirm whether or not personal information about you is being processed.
- Provide you with details about how we process your personal information.
- Consider your valid objection to the processing of your personal information (including the right to object to processing on grounds relating to your particular situation where we are relying on our legitimate interests as a legal basis for processing your personal information).
- Update or delete personal information which we hold about you.
- Restrict the way we process your personal information.
- Consider your valid request to transfer your personal information to a third-party provider of services (data portability).
- Ask us to treat your consent as withdrawn if you have previously provided us with consent to process your personal information and we rely on it as our legal basis for processing.
If you need help or wish to exercise any of the above rights or have questions about them, please contact us at info@Slideworx.com.
We will consider all such requests and provide our response as soon as we can. Please note, however, that personal information may be exempt from such requests in certain circumstances, which may include circumstances where we need to keep processing your personal information for our legitimate interests or to comply with a legal obligation. We may request you provide us with information necessary to confirm your identity.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Our websites may use various software technologies including “cookies,” “web beacons” and “pixel tags.” “Cookies” are small text files that we and others may place in visitors’ computer browsers to store their preferences. “Web beacons” or “Pixel tags” are small pieces of code placed on a web page or within the body of an email to monitor the behavior and collect data about the visitors viewing a web page or viewing or opening an email. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page. We may use web beacons on our websites from time to time for this and advertising purposes.
We partner with third parties who may place cookies on your browser when you visit our websites, may send their own cookies to your cookie file, and may use those cookies to track and collect information about you and your online activities over time and across different websites, devices, and applications and to provide targeted advertising based on your interests and previous browsing history.
Third party ad networks may automatically collect information about your visits to our websites and other websites, such as your IP address, your Internet service provider, and the browser you use to visit our websites. They do this using cookies, web beacons or other technologies.
You can learn more about practices of many of these third parties by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance (http://www.aboutads.info/choices/) in the USA, Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada (http://youradchoices.ca/) in Canada or the European Digital Advertising Alliance (http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/) in Europe.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from a children under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
How to contact us
If you have any questions about how we use your personal information, or if you have any other privacy-related questions, please contact us using the contact information listed at https://slideworx.com/contact/
2. Detailed privacy regarding job advertisements and applications
Pursuant to Article 13(1) and (2) of the GDPR (i.e. General Data Protection Regulation), Slideworx hereby informs applicants that:
- the controller of the personal data provided by you in the form (personal questionnaire) and recruitment documents is SlideWorx sp. z o.o. with the registered office in Poznań at ul. Św. Marcin 24/306 (National Court Register KRS no. 0000471203, Poznań – Nowe Miasto and Wilda District Court in Poznań, NIP: 7831702228, share capital of PLN 5,000.00), hereinafter referred to as “We”.
- The provision by you of the aforementioned data is voluntary but required to carry out the recruitment process. The failure to provide the data will make it impossible to carry out recruitment with your participation.
- Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of implementing the recruitment process for the position given by you in your job application, and – subject to your separate consent – in potential further recruitment processes within 12 months from the date of your consent (in such a case, we will enter your personal data into our database of job candidates so we can use your data in the future and contact you if we are looking for a person for a different/similar position).
- Therefore, the processing of your personal data for the aforementioned purposes is carried out based on your consent (Article 6(1)(a) of the GDPR). We may also process your personal data within a limited scope in pursuing our legitimate interests (Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR), i.e. in connection with enforcing/defending claims, ensuring safety (e.g. as part of our video monitoring used in our registered office) or achieving objectives of our capital group administration (if the final decision concerning your employment must be consulted with our parent company).
- The recipients of your personal data, i.e. entities to whom we may make your data available, include entities cooperating with us, providing recruitment or job placement, legal or security services, providing ICT solutions and other controllers (i.e. entities being members of our capital group).
- Your data will not be transferred outside the European Union/European Economic Area.
- Your personal data will be processed for the duration of the recruitment process, and – subject to your separate consent – also for 12 months from the date of your consent to the entry of your data into our database of job candidates. Notwithstanding the foregoing, your personal data will be processed throughout the limitation period for potential claims.
- You have the right of access to your personal data, the right to rectification, to erasure, to restriction of processing, to data portability, to object to processing, as well as the right to withdraw consent to the processing of the data (such withdrawal not affecting the lawfulness of the processing carried out by us based on the consent prior to its withdrawal). All the aforementioned rights can be exercised by you by submitting to us a written request or by contacting us by email at: email@example.com (please remember that your identification may be verified so that we can be sure that it is you and not someone else).
- You may also lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you consider that by the processing of your personal data we infringe the provisions of the GDPR. This authority is the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection (until 25 May 2018: the General Inspector for Personal Data).
- Currently we are not planning the processing of your personal data by automated means (including profiling).
Please include the following consent to the processing of personal data in your application:
“I hereby consent to the processing by SlideWorx sp. z o.o. with the registered office in Poznań (Poland) of the personal data included in my application and submitted recruitment documents for the purposes of carrying out the recruitment process.”
Irrespective of the consent above, if you are interested in having your data entered into our database of job candidates for a period of 12 months (for the purpose of future recruitment processes carried out by us in this period), please add also the following consent:
“I hereby consent to the processing by SlideWorx sp. z o.o. with the registered office in Poznań (Poland) of the personal data included in my application and submitted recruitment documents for the purposes of carrying out future recruitment process (including for other positions) within 12 months from the date of this consent.”